9 History Lesson: Master Bedroom

>> Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We get asked quite a bit about the history behind our furniture & decorative items. Not because they are super fabulous but most likely because people know that I scour yard sales & thrift stores for 50% of the goods filling our home. Let’s take a stroll down memory lane, shall we? Mainly—let’s be honest with ourselves—because I just selfishly want to revisit how I met all of my old friends.

Today we are kicking off a new blog feature “History Lesson” with a nook from our master bedroom…

image

1. Black frames with white mats: Eric actually bought these simple frames when he was a bachelor in our college days. And the “prints”? Well, these fancy prints were printed off of our not so fancy printer.

2. Arm chair: Oh! One of my favorite rehabs of all time!. This member of the Rehabilitation Station claims her title as my first ever attempt at reupholstery. For her terrible chartreuse before shots and full story, click here.

3. Black dresser: Another old friend from the Rehabilitation Station! Once our TV stand, now a lovely dresser for our bedroom. Click here for his life story since becoming Wilkerson

.

4.  Window: The simplest rehab find ever!—and one of the least expensive at just 5 bucks. Check out her home coming here.

5. Glass lanterns: A pretty little birthday surprise from my pretty little (but older) sister. Thanks, Jess!

6. Scalloped mirror: A welcome home gift from our new house! Really, the old owners must have wanted to dump it since they left it behind, but we love it!

Now wasn’t that fun? I know I enjoyed it.

-Cara

9 comments:

Carson,  March 9, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Do you remember where you found the black and white prints? Any chance you have a link? Thanks!

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 9, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

Carson, good question! I wish I remembered but it's been so long it has slipped my mind. I think I just googled "black & white photographs" maybe?

-Cara

Melissa,  March 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

I really like your style! The chair and window projects are great. thanks for taking us along on your walk down memory lane!

Holly @ hollshome,  March 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

If only I had and inch of yor craftiness my house may actually look put together:)

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

Melissa, thanks for the nice compliment!

Holly, I bet you have more craftiness than you think. The good thing about paint is that if you absolutely hate it, you can always paint over it!

-Cara

Shane,  March 9, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

Cute! Do you know where you sister got the candles? They are adorable.

-Shane

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 9, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

Hi Shane! My sister bought them at the cutest little local store on the planet called Box Turtle. If you are in Little Rock, I'm sure you know it and love it just as we do. If not, plan a trip to Little Rock and we'll go shopping!

-Cara

samia March 10, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

You did an absolutely great job of it.. the dresser looks spectacular and i came esp to your blog to tell you that specially.. :) this pic of the dresser is going to my inspiratin book.. :)

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 10, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

Thanks, Samia! We are really glad you stopped by. The dresser has served us well and we are happy you like it!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP