4 You mean you really read this mumbo jumbo?

>> Friday, March 19, 2010

You should know that I want to jump up and down and dance like a schoolgirl every time someone mentions that they read our blog. After I nearly strangle them with a hug and blush a shade of purple, 9 times out of 10 the next comment out of their mouth is “How do you keep up with it? It must be so time consuming.”

In fact we had one such comment just this very day. So, no day like today to get down to the nitty gritty…

First off, yes it is time consuming and rest assured that there are many days I find myself comfy on the couch wanting to stay as far away from my computer as possible. However, there are other days where the ideas flow like honey and I can think of nothing else I’d rather be doing.

I have found that there are a few tricks of the blogging trade that make blogging a bit easier to manage…

Write about what you love. This makes it super simple for us to cram real estate, our pets and our construction site down your throat daily.

Strike while the iron is hot. If a ton of ideas hit you at once, type until your fingers fall off. There will be dry spells, so it’s always a good idea to fill up your reserves for a slow day.

Take advantage of technology. Don’t leave home without your camera and don’t be afraid to use it. I’ve been known to whip out my camera in some pretty crazy places. The odd looks from passersby are just icing on the cake.

Procrastination is a blogger’s best friend. I’d much rather be typing away at my computer than cleaning up the after dinner dishes. Wouldn’t you?

Snag yourself an E-Dub. Not my E-Dub, an E-Dub of your own. Eric is a wonderful supporter of our blog and is always the first to point out what would make a good blog post.

I should end this little chat of ours with a disclaimer that I am by no means a pro at this. There are other blogs in the web-world that are far more advance and interesting than ours, but it means more to me than you know that all three of you guys show up each day to check in with we Wilkersons. We’re glad you’re here!

-Cara

4 comments:

Shelly,  March 20, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

haha! You act like no one reads it. Of course we read it and LOVE it!

Angie G,  March 20, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

I read it everyday!
Lately is seems like you've been posting more than just once a day and I can't get enough!

:)

shopgirl March 23, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

Great posting! Honest and down to earth! And fun to read!

Wishing you guys a great week!

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 23, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Thanks friends! I'm glad you stop in to check out what we've been up to. You guys are the best!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP