8 Before & After: Mail Call

>> Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Meet the newest member of the Rehabilitation Station! A very handsome fella indeed.

IMG_7236

Now you know me better than to think I’d rush out and buy a shiny new mailbox. Of course, I had to at least try to rehab the old clunker already hanging out on my front porch.

image
First step, I had to pluck the fancy medallion from the front, leaving two unsightly nail holes behind. No worries. This flaw actually inspired my master plan.
 

IMG_7182 IMG_7187


In fact, I needed two more, evenly spaced. After measuring, I used a power drill to add two additional holes.

IMG_7188 
Perfect! Now a little black satin spray paint lends a hand…

IMG_7189IMG_7191

And a few stripes get in on the action. I wanted this guy to have a homemade feel about him, so to keep from looking too perfect I painted the stripes by hand. No painters tape here my friends…

IMG_7224 
Time to add a little something special with these drawer pulls from Hobby Lobby.

IMG_7186

IMG_7229

IMG_7230


A like-new mailbox in under 2 hours and for less than $12.00! Definitely rehab perfection in my book.

IMG_7232IMG_7236
image

Budget Breakdown: 


Mailbox FREE…with 30 year mortgage
Black spray paint $3.97
White paint FREE…Leftover from porch column project
Drawer pulls $7.92 (1/2 price at Hobby Lobby)
Total $11.89



clip_image002

8 comments:

the cape on the corner September 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

that's my favorite thing ever! love the drawer pulls, they really make the piece!

Gwen,  September 7, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

OMG! This is the cutest thing that I have ever seen in my life and it looks so easy to do. I love it!

Elizabeth,  September 7, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

WHAT? I can't believe that is the same mailbox!!! Very good job and I want one so bad!

Cara @ Live the Home Life September 7, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Thanks, friends! This project was super simple and I promise if you have an old junker of a mailbox hanging around, you can knock this one out in no time. Happy crafting!

Cara

Hannah,  September 9, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

This is such a great idea!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP