7 After Party: Guest Bedroom Chair

>> Thursday, July 15, 2010

Another Rehabilitation Station find joins the after party!

Remember this chair wrangled from my Gran’s house? This friend been hanging around the guestroom for a while looking a bit vanilla…


IMG_6185

IMG_6184


Until now! Inspired by this lovely print (snagged for 40% off at Hancocks), guests now are sitting pretty when they pay a visit to this girl…

IMG_6523

First things first, I had to unscrew the seat of the chair. Flip, twist & pop and it was time to get down to business…

IMG_6525

IMG_6530

IMG_6539

Two layers of fabric + batting in between each layer = more staples than this gal was ready to pluck. No worries, a box cutter was on hand to easily strip the fabric and save my sanity.

IMG_6542

IMG_6541


Since the plan was to add a fresh layer of batting, I settled with removing just one layer of fabric.

Cut your batting so that 3-4 inches remain around the edges of the seat…

IMG_6543
Gently pull batting over the edge and work your way around, securing with staples…

IMG_6544

Once all of the batting is secure, measure your new fabric in the same way as the batting, leaving a few inches on all sides…

IMG_6546

IMG_6547


Back to the staple gun! Beware of tugging fabric too tightly. We don’t want unsightly crinkles now, do we?

IMG_6549 
Keep going…

IMG_6550 
All that’s left is to secure the lovely new cushion so that guests don’t fall through.

IMG_6554 
Love it!

IMG_6555

IMG_6556

image   

clip_image002

7 comments:

Anonymous,  July 15, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

SOOOOO cute!!!!!!

Cara @ Live the Home Life July 15, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Thanks Beren! I spotted this fabric and was obsessed!

-Cara

Katie July 15, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

Oh I just love it! You have such a great eye for style! I was just looking at your before and after post and I am in awe. I am now inspired to do a little more rehabbing of my own! :)

Amanda July 15, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Soon you will run out of space to hold all of your cute projects! But do not worry, I will offer my apartment to hold any of your projects that you no longer have room for! ;)

Cara @ Live the Home Life July 15, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Thanks, Katie! Don't forget to send before & after pictures my way of your future projects!

Amanda, you know I would love to help you decorate! We will talk.

-Cara

Unknown July 16, 2010 at 1:58 AM  

this fabric is beautiful! the chair looks so lovely and so easy to make...

Cara @ Live the Home Life July 16, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Millie, I could not get over that print. I was smitten!

The best part about recovering the seat of a dining chair really is how easy it is!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP