8 After Party: Windows Turned Wall Art

>> Tuesday, July 27, 2010

When I stumbled across this fine trio of old windows at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore last week, they had to be mine. $10 later I was cruising home with my new best friends in tow…

IMG_6583

Clearly hanging these guys would require more than a nail or two so the proper hardware was a must. Opting for hooks and hinges that would allow the windows to be easily tilted/removed for cleaning was high on my list. More time consuming to install but ultimately worth the hassle…
 

IMG_6598

IMG_6601

IMG_6603

Fabulously earth friendly & just the sort of cottage chic feeling this wall was craving…

IMG_6606 IMG_6620

IMG_6624


image

Finally my dining room is starting to feel just a smidge more complete. Anyone for takeout?


clip_image002

8 comments:

Joanna,  July 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

The windows look AMAZING!! Smart idea by using the hinges. I hate dust, so easy cleaning is a MUST in my house.

Cara Beth July 27, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

Wow! I'm super impressed~ Did you hang these by yourself? and they are level! They look great!

the cape on the corner July 27, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

love this look! so simple, but still interesting!

Cara @ Live the Home Life July 27, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

Thanks ladies! Sorry for the delay in my response. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my favorite mommy-to-be's little nugget!

Cara Beth, I did hang them by myself but I wouldn't dare go at it alone next time. I won't lie to you. It was no walk in the park.

-Cara

Kristen,  July 27, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

They look awesome! You have made me desperate to own old windows - I have been scouring our flea market a couple weekends a month, looking for some!

Cara @ Live the Home Life July 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

Kristen, glad you have the itch too! I'm slightly obsessed. Just slightly.

-Cara

millie @ passiondecor August 6, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

wow,it looks fabulous! just as I would want it to...
hoping my hubby will like it too :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP