6 Sitting Pretty

>> Wednesday, November 11, 2009

IMG_2702The time has come for another Rehabilitation Station reveal. This project will forever hold a special place in my heart as my first stab at upholstery.

I just knew this set of twins had potential when I stumbled upon them at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. The wood frame was in tip top shape. No wobbly legs to reattach or hideous paint job to correct. Just a couple of chairs in need of a new outfit. So what if I had never upholstered a single item in all my twenty-some-odd years?

Well, after plucking hundreds of staples from the first twin, my hands were barely hanging on and I was beginning to wonder if I was in over my head.

However, I stuck it out and once outfitted with new batting (the furry stuff inside of furniture) and fabric, I watched my little frog of a chair turn into a handsome prince!…
     
IMG_3127

Just one chair, you say? You’re right. Only one chair completed. It’s twin will have to bide its time in the garage until Hobby Lobby stocks its shelves with more upholstery tacks.

But, no worries, the twins will soon be reunited.
 

IMG_3130 IMG_3132



Budget Breakdown:  
Chair $7.00
Batting $6.99
Fabric $10.47
Staples $1.99
Upholstery Tacks $1.98
Total $28.43 per chair



I have to tell you, my friends. I am a pleasantly surprised by the outcome of this project. However, I don’t think I’ll be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor any time soon. Marlo has already claimed this thrown as her own, and what Marlo kitty wants, Marlo kitty gets…

IMG_3141


-Cara

6 comments:

Ginger,  November 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

Wow! I can't believe you did that for 30 bucks!

Allison,  November 11, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Great job! And what a beautiful kitty.

Jonnie Honse November 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Amazing, makes me want to try it myself. However, I have a feeling you are much more crafty than I.

Cara @ Live the Home Life November 12, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

No way, Jonnie. You can do it too! And I will need to see photos when complete :)

-Cara

Anonymous,  November 17, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

This chair is beautiful Cara! I am so impressed with your craftiness!
-Billingsley

Cara @ Live the Home Life November 18, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

Bill! So glad you like! Hope law school is treating you well. I am sure you are rocking its socks off.

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP