7 O Christmas Tree

>> Sunday, November 29, 2009

Yesterday, we Wilkersons got down to serious Christmas business and put up our tree. Yes, off we trotted to battle the crowds for the most magnificent fraiser fir out there—you guessed it, we are real tree people. Mainly because Eric knows that if we had an artificial tree hanging around our attic, I would be tempted to haul it out in September.

Man, did we find a beauty. The first tree we came across was the most perfect tree for two reasons:

1. This 9 foot stunner of a tree could not have been more handsome.
2. Shiver me timbers! I was freezing and the faster we made our decision the sooner I could get home, crank up the fire and get down to decorating business. Okay, so it was like 70 degrees when we were sorting through trees, but it just felt more Christmas-y to provide an ambiance of chilliness.

Alright! Now to get this beast of a tree home…in a Camry. Hmmm, pretty sure we broke at least two laws during the process. Oh well!

IMG_3283 IMG_3285

           

Here’s a handy real tree tip. Put a towel underneath your stand to make it easier to slide the tree across hardwood floors. The towel also soaks up excess water should you dribble a little in the process of feeding your new friend.

IMG_3293

IMG_3323



Once the stand was secure and lights were strung—anyone else agree that this is the most daunting holiday task ever?—it was time to bring on the ornaments!

I’m a pretty simple gal when it comes to my Christmas tree. Let’s face it, ornaments don’t grow on trees (Like the play on words? I knew you would!), so I’ve found that collecting ornaments in set colors over the years has served me well, fiscally speaking.

Lime green and cherry red for me please, and the more sparkle the better!

IMG_3302

IMG_3321

IMG_3333      

Ready for a little cheese? I did allow one ornament to stray from the lime green/cherry red color requirement. How sweet…

IMG_3327

IMG_3336



Merry Christmas, ya’ll!

-Cara

7 comments:

Sherri,  November 29, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

You crack me up. Merry Christmas!

Mary,  November 29, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Great job and fun story!

Jonnie Honse November 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

That tree is beautiful!!!!!!! I have never had a real tree, I kinda want one.

Cara @ Live the Home Life November 29, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

I will add that we had a recent visitor to the blog that found us by Googling "how to fit a christmas tree into a Camry." How funny! I don't think that we provided a good example of how to get the job done.

-Cara

Anonymous,  November 29, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Where did you find the great tree? You have such a great touch with everything!
Susan B.

Cara @ Live the Home Life November 29, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Susan,

We found the tree at Lowe's. They had a ton of good ones to choose from. I knew I'd better grab the first tree I saw or we'd be there all day.

Thanks for the nice words! Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

-Cara

Anonymous,  November 30, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

I love that you guys have a theme :) theme'd christmas tree's always make me happy. I think its my OCD

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP