4 Test Run: Berry Wreath

>> Friday, November 13, 2009

A few days ago, I started thinking that our front door was looking a bit bare this holiday season and that simply will not do. What also will not do is spending $100+ for a good wreath. I saw only one solution here. I’ll just go out and wrangle up the supplies to make a wreath of my own!

So wrangle I did, and fortunately for me, all of my wreath makings were 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby this week. Jackpot!



Even better, this was one of the easiest crafts I’ve tackled in a long time. (Maybe not quite as easy as the leaf placemats. Let’s be honest with ourselves. A five year old with eight thumbs could have handled that one.)


Supply List:

- Wreath frame

- Berry stems (I used 50)
- Needle nose pliers

IMG_3144



The hardest part for me was plucking the squirrely price tags off of the berry stems, so be sure to save your daily allowance of patience for this task. You and a glass of wine should be able to tackle it, no problem.



IMG_3143

Then, using the wire cutter on your needle nose pliers, trim the stems by a few inches. This will make them easier to insert into the frame. See the stunning before and after stem trim below. That takes talent…

IMG_3156

Now all that is left is to stick those suckers into the frame. Continue to work your way around the wreath until the entire frame is covered. The stems should stay in place on their own, but if you feel that one may escape, just use the extra wire stem to secure a branch or two…

IMG_3148




Lookin’ good! Fancy new wreath complete…

IMG_3152




-Cara

4 comments:

Ashley,  November 13, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

That does look easy! I think maybe I will try to make one too!

Cara Beth November 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

This looks great, Cara! You were missed last night!

Jonnie Honse November 14, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

I love it! You are so crafty. It makes me want to go make one myself!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP