7 Domestic OCD

>> Monday, July 5, 2010

We all have our quirks when it comes to living the home life. A smidge of domestic OCD. Some of us have to fluff our throw pillows just so. Others cannot sleep at night if the ceiling fan is roaring on high instead of a cool-yet-comforting medium. 

True freedom comes with owning your obsessions. For instance, I am fully aware that my productivity comes to a halt with the knowledge that somewhere in my house there are…

- Crumbs in the butter

- Blankets left unfolded on the sofa

- Toilet paper left off the roll—let’s not discuss what happens to my brain should the paper be on the roll but turned the wrong way. No, we won’t go there.


I’ve come to terms with these compulsions, but alas, a new kink in my domestic wiring was brought to my attention this morning.

Setting up shop in my kitchen cabinets are two sets of mugs. Two sets of mugs similar in size, quality and color, but somewhere along the way I designated one to harbor only tea and the other coffee… 
 
image

This cannot be changed, my friends. Fill my “tea cups” with a steaming cup-a-joe and I promise you my skin will peel right off of my body.

Now it’s time to make me feel better. Join the nut house by sharing your around the house quirks with us.


-Cara

7 comments:

Unknown July 5, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

I go insane of crumbs in the butter, too! Also: the lid left off the toothpaste... My husband & I each have our own because he "forgets" too frequently for me to want to share with him! haha

Cara @ Live the Home Life July 5, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Sarah, glad I'm not alone in my butter obsession!

Oh my, lid off of the toothpaste. That's a rough one too.

-Cara

Jony,  July 5, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

Using the same washcloth twice!! i can't even think about it.

Jony

Crazy Wienerdog Lady July 5, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

Toilet paper going under instead of over, crooked rugs, but it seems I noticed more things when I had a roommate. Such as draining a can of tuna in the sink and not rinsing the sink out, leaving a wet dishrag wadded up in the sink, and over-spraying the cooking spray and getting it all over the stove/countertop! lol Gee I sound psycho!

the cape on the corner July 5, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

no no no, not a big deal for me with the toilet paper. i can not, however, have mail sitting on the counter. we have a mail holder for just this, so that bills don't sit out but are instead filed in the mail holder. also, the remotes must go back in the storage basket. and the dishes in the drying rack, once dry, need to be put away. no piling on others.

Margaret July 6, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

I can't handle dishes in the sink or dishes that aren't rinsed before going into the dishwasher (weird I know!)

Cara @ Live the Home Life July 6, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

Uh oh. You ladies are reminding me of additional pet peeves of mine...dirty dishes, mail scatered about, greasing up countertops with cooking spray...

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP