9 Quick Question: Worst chore ever?

>> Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Let’s face it. Certain around-the-house chores are what nightmares are made of. For me, it’s cleaning kitty litter. As much as I love these perfect paws—or should I say, purr-fect? I know. Take it easy, Cara—scooping their leftovers scrapes the bottom of my want-to-do list.

image

Picture my misery this morning while giving the litter boxes their weekly tidy up. Stinky smells…Gritty litter…This less than happy kitty mom was contemplating opening the front door and looking the other way while her furry felines shimmy into suburban wilderness. Don’t judge. Take a scoop or two from a littler box frequented by a cat named Tooty and let me know your initial thoughts.

Now it’s your turn to vent. What’s your least favorite chore? Don’t skimp on me people! I want all of the terribly icky, germ filled details.

clip_image002

9 comments:

Jen,  July 21, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

Cleaning behind the toilet! The only reason I mention that is because I finally forced myself to do it during last weekend's bathroom cleaning. It was awful!!!

the cape on the corner July 21, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

cleaning the bathroom. ick. give me cat litter anyday...i'm actually kinda crazy about the cat litter. we only have one cat, so maybe that's it, but i clean it out right when i get home from work, and then i clean it right after she goes. my boyfriend jokes that i hardly even give her a chance to go before i'm RIGHTTHERE cleaning it!

The Doose's July 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

without a doubt, harold's box would take the cake but thankfully I have been suffering from a condition known as pregnancy so I have been saved from the chore, back up choice for worst chore cleaning the toilet or cleaning out the rainbow vaccum.

Cara @ Live the Home Life July 21, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

Jen, you are making me panic. I can't think of the last time a cleaned BEHIND the toilet. Like, a good solid clean and not just a swipe with my pal Swiffer.

Corner Cape, I wish I had your ninja kitty litter skills. Impressive!

J Doose, cleaning the rainbow must be a killer, but I imagine your worst chore list will be quickly revised once Dean-o graces us with his presence next week!

Love the comments gals!

-Cara

Carley,  July 21, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

It's not a chore that involves a lot of germs but I absolutely positively cannot stand sweeping our wood floors. I feel like they are never clean enough and it makes me crazy.

Alicia July 21, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

Definitely cleaning the shower. I would say cleaning a clogged up drain but I make the husband do that...especially since we just moved into our house so it isn't our clog! Ewww.

Cara @ Live the Home Life July 21, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

Carley, agreed. Hardwoods are tough to keep spotless...especially with kitty furr tumbleweeds hiding in every nook!

Alicia, I think your comment takes the cake with cleaning a drain clogged with other people's leftovers. I feel faint.

-Cara

Amber,  July 21, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

Taking out the trash! Maninly because I always forget to take it out until I hear the trash trusk coming up my street. Then it is a mad dash to get the can to the curb (usually while I am in my robe and no makeup!!)

Cara Beth July 22, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

definitely the litter box. ugh. I hate it with a passion.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP