6 Someone’s out to get me…

>> Monday, September 13, 2010

Because we are old friends, you are now fairly familiar with my quirks. A few kinks in my domestic wiring.

I promise I’m not that obsessive…as long as you use the correct coffee/tea mug and turn the toilet paper roll the right way…but one thing that gets me every time—I mean seriously makes me flip out—are typos. Granted, typos are a regular part of my wannabe author hobby & part-time writing gig, but the beauty of typos is they can almost always be corrected…unless you wake up one morning to find that the same coaster you’ve used for years broadcasts a major flaw that cannot be corrected by spell check.

IMG_7267IMG_7269 
What. The. Frankenstein. I’ve been so concerned with drinking my coffee with two e’s out of the proper mug, my horribly deformed “coffe” coaster flew under the radar for years. The irony in this was not lost on me, people.

clip_image002

6 comments:

Stacy,  September 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

Oh no. That would drive me crazy to!

Cara @ Live the Home Life September 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

Stacy, the discovery definitely rocked my world. I'm hoping someone tells me that coffee is spelled with just one e in some fabulous foreign country.

Cara

Lovely Little Nest September 13, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Gah! I think I'd have to throw it away...lol

Kristen,  September 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

I wouldn't be able to live with it. I would have to toss it, no matter how much I loved it. Grammatical and spelling errors hurt me to my soul!

Jonnie Honse September 15, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

I'm sorry but this post was hilarious....so what did you do with it?

Cara @ Live the Home Life September 16, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Ya'll will be so proud of me! I haven't chunked it...yet. I've been confronting my fear little by little every day and I think it's working--my compulsions are slowly fading. I only have two strands of hair left on my head, but still, progress.

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP