10 Flashback to Middle School

>> Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh dear, I’m having a major complex. A will-they-figure-out-that-I-am-a-big-fat-imposter complex.

 



Here’s the deal. Alycia with Casa Moxie flattered my socks off when she asked me to be one of 3 designers participating in her first ever Creative Challenge—Me? A designer?

Truth be told, I like a challenge. So I was totally on board, but sweating like the new kid in middle school each step of the way.

The first brave soul offering up their living room for redesign was Martha. A few before shots of Martha’s space…

IMG_7390xIMG_7397x


Cozy and bursting with potential, Martha wanted a light & bright space fit for displaying her love of photography & entertaining family and friends. My mission was set and here’s what I whipped up…

image
Be sure to scoot on over to Casa Moxie to check out the other 2 design options for Martha’s room. I’ll just sit here and sweat it out hoping that my new friend Martha likes me…


-Cara

10 comments:

diane @at home March 22, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

go Cara! love this. just peeked at the others and you ideas win in my book--pretty, fresh, simple.

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

Thanks, Diane! Hope you stayed warm in the foot of snow you guys faced yesterday. How crazy!

-Cara

Katie,  March 22, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

I love this room! The walls in our den are already painted a light blue color so I may just have to "borrow" a few ideas from you missy!

custardbydesign March 22, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

i like how you presented your moodboard...

very clever...

i might be inspired by your moodboard ways...

Carrie @ Two Poms and a House March 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

I liked yours the best!! I think it best fits the light & airy feel she is looking for. Great job!

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 22, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

Katie, borrow away my dear!

Allison, thank you thank you!

custardbydesign, thanks for the mood board love! I like to keep them nice and simple with lots and lots of white space. I confuse myself if I try to get too fancy.

Carrie, thanks pal! Light & airy was definitely the goal so I'm glad you think this design hit the nail on the head.

-Cara

shopgirl March 23, 2010 at 6:06 AM  

Congrats!

Your mood board is very modern and fresh!

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 23, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

Thanks, shopgirl! That is the look I was going for so I'm glad you like it!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP