8 Road Trip

>> Sunday, March 28, 2010

We’ve broken a record! Sunday @ 6:26 pm is officially the latest first blog post of any day in Live the Home Life’s nearly one year old little life. Not a good record in my book, but a record nonetheless. Why so late on the posting, Mrs. Wilkerson? I’ll allow Gran to explain my absence…




We scooted our boots on down to Garland, Texas (right next door to Dallas) for a quick overnight trip. You see, a few months back my dear sweet Gran moved to Little Rock to be closer to her dear sweet family, but we needed to make one last trip down south to pick up a few more things from her house before she sells it and officially becomes an Arkansan.

As part of her downsizing efforts, Gran set aside a number of her belongings for we grandkids. The Rehabilitation Station was jumping for joy over the treasures found in Gran’s garage. I’ll fill you in later this week on what’s coming home to casa Wilkerson. You may be surprised by a few of the items I picked out…

-Cara

8 comments:

Joanna,  March 28, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

What a cute grandma! I love her accent!

Crazy Wienerdog Lady March 28, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

Your Grandma is cute! (BTW this is Jamie Dorsey, I didn't expect you to know who Crazy Weinerdog Lady was LOL)

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Joanna, I do too! It sounds so much prettier than mine.

Jamie! Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to see that new house of yours.

-Cara

Unknown March 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

So I'm breaking the silence and posting a comment on your blog for the first time! You can thank Gran for that, she cracks me up. I do miss her and her lovely driving abilities on the Dallas freeway!
Murry

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

Yay Murr! It's about time sista! Gran is a character and she always asks about you. She's living right next door to the parentals now.

-Cara

Alicia March 29, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

I bet you had fun!

I owe you a thank you--I wanted a dresser/desk for our new laundry room and found one at the ReStore for $12.50! (It was actually $25 but we found out at the register that furniture was 50% off that day). Thanks for the tips!

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 29, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

Alicia, I love 50% day! Email me a picture of your find!

-Cara

Ashley,  March 29, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

What a sweet granny!

Ash

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP