3 Late Bloomer

>> Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Last November when we made an offer on our construction site, I felt it was my duty to get to know the green friends around the property. Crape Myrtles, nice to meet you. Large evergreen in the back of the yard, how do you do. Abundant bush in the front covered in little buds, welcome to the family! I look forward to enjoying your blooms very soon.
image 
But the buds did not bloom. I started to worry. Does this little guy need something from me? Fancy fertilizer? A trim here and there?

IMG_5025 
Until last week when a glimmer of hope emerged. What I now have been told is a Camellia bush was starting to loosen up a little…

IMG_5020 
And to my surprise, look what was awake to greet me on this fine morning…

IMG_5023 
Maybe I’m not such a terrible plant parent after all. So long as said plants require little attention and are happy right where I found them.

-Cara

3 comments:

Sandy,  March 23, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Your camellias will be gorgeous! I love the deep pink color. I have a white camellia on the side of my house. They are just so beautiful.

Unknown March 23, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

Your camelia is lovely! i love whne plants come back...last year I made the mistake of moving a small camelia thinking it would do better - nope it died - oops!

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 23, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Sandy, I'm really diggin the pink too but I love the white as well. My mom has a white camellia bush in her yard.

Mrs. Chic, we have had so much fun seeing what all has popped up in our yard this spring. Thanks for the warning on moving camellias. I'll be sure to let mine stay put!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP