4 Mulch Madness

>> Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Daylight savings time and I definitely have a love-hate relationship.

Waking up a whole hour earlier is a killer, but on the flip side, at least I have a decent assistant…

IMG_4892

Less sleep, not good, but longer evenings are the things winter dreams are made of. We could think of no better extended evening activity than finding a place to deposit the heaping pile of mulch still occupying the driveway.

IMG_4868 
Last weekend, we cleaned up the front flower beds a bit with a fresh sprinkling of mulch…

IMG_4921image


But, alas, the mulch mound looked practically the same size. Time to bring out the big guns. Cue the backyard. Large & desolate…

IMG_4899



The plan was to build a flower bed across the entire back of the yard. We needed liner and lots of it. 120 feet of it to be exact. Luckily they come in 60 ft rolls at Home Depot for just $20 a pop. The instructions said to lay them in the sun to flatten them out of their coiled position. We didn’t ask any questions and it worked like a charm…

IMG_4900
Next up, dig a trench. I skipped out on this task. Thanks, E-Dub. I didn’t hear too many curse words, so I assume everything worked out alright for him…

IMG_4903

Once the liner was secure we went to town with the mulch. Not quite finished but I feel good enough about this one to go ahead and share with you fine folks…

IMG_4913image  
Are you ready for the real before & after? Oh yes. Mulch mission accomplished…

image 

-Cara

4 comments:

Tiffany,  March 16, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

I can't believe you guys used all that mulch. Wait, yes I can, your back yard is HUGE! Looks great!

Tiff

Ann W,  March 16, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

I love the 'finished' look that mulching gives to planter beds. Even if it's not very thick, it still gives it a uniform, and often darker, richer look. Plant and Garden Blog

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 16, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Ann, thanks for stopping by! I am definitely not an expert gardener, so I can't wait to pick up a few tips from your blog!

-Cara

Shelly Ann,  March 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

Lookin good! Nice "assistant" I have one of those too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP