3 A Little Wilkerson Dialogue + Fireplace Prep Work

>> Thursday, March 4, 2010

I wonder what would happen if… Six little words that never fail to launch us into a full blown home project. Famous Wilkerson last words.

Example #1: Our first house in Fayetteville

I wonder what would happen if…we ripped off the kitchen countertop? 10 minutes later Eric was on the way to Home Depot for supplies and I was tearing into a dingy laminate countertop and backsplash.

Example #2: Previewing a Realtor friend’s upcoming listing

I wonder what would happen if…we pulled back this green carpet to see what’s underneath? After catching a glimpse of the hidden hardwoods, we rushed off to write an offer on our current construction site.

Example #3: I wonder what would happen if…we painted the fireplaces? Done! We’ll partially done—I mean partially finished or through. You are only “done” if you’re cooking.

Last night, Eric & I began to tackle the fireplaces in the living room & den.

I took on the orange monster in the living room…
image 


Cleaned, taped and primed, we are already glad to say so long to the old orange brick.

IMG_4734

IMG_4735

  

IMG_4744

Meanwhile, Eric was in the den prepping for paint. Filling a few cracks in the brick and a day’s worth of patience while the mortar dries were all we needed…

IMG_4739 IMG_4740

IMG_4743  
We’ll be back soon with the after shots!

-Cara

3 comments:

Elsie,  March 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Is that the frog tape I see? How did it work? I've been curious to know.

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 4, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

Elsie, it is! Frog tape has worked very well for us so far. We've used it a bit while painting trim as well. A little more expensive than blue painters tape, but it gets the job done.

-Cara

Jenn,  March 4, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

I know you will be happy to have the brick gone :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP