5 Art Class

>> Saturday, March 20, 2010

Inspired by Happy Together’s recent DIY wall art project, I was feeling a little artsy this week. Even better, I had all of the supplies already hanging around the house. Well, except for the fancy canvas texture stuff that Jessica used. But like every good handygirl I had spackling and lots of it. Spackling would work right? I was willing to give it a shot…

IMG_4935

IMG_4943


After slapping on a good coat of spackling (the fun pink kind that dries white) and waiting patiently like a responsible artist. By patiently I mean hovering over the canvas and jabbing my finger into the spackling every 10 minutes to see if it was ready…

IMG_4930

IMG_4940


Then it was time for the fun part! I got to put my serious painting skills to work.

IMG_4947

 


…and by serious painting skills, I mean randomly squirting paint all over the canvas. By far, the best part of my day!

IMG_4946



Blend with a paint brush and throw in the towel! Easy as pie…

IMG_4950


Not quite sure what we are going to do with this one, but it sure was fun!

-Cara

5 comments:

Kasey,  March 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

Love it! It looks like a lake of something. Very peaceful.

Berry,  March 20, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

That looks great and pretty simple. Maybe I will try one of my own!

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

Berry, try one and send me the after shots! Very easy.

Kasey, I see a lake/pond too! Thanks!

-Cara

shopgirl March 23, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

That's so great - I love it! You gotta do more! You've got the creative skills!

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 23, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Thanks shopgirl! If I'm not careful I may end up with a house full of the exact same painting in different colors!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP