5 Art Class

>> Saturday, March 20, 2010

Inspired by Happy Together’s recent DIY wall art project, I was feeling a little artsy this week. Even better, I had all of the supplies already hanging around the house. Well, except for the fancy canvas texture stuff that Jessica used. But like every good handygirl I had spackling and lots of it. Spackling would work right? I was willing to give it a shot…



After slapping on a good coat of spackling (the fun pink kind that dries white) and waiting patiently like a responsible artist. By patiently I mean hovering over the canvas and jabbing my finger into the spackling every 10 minutes to see if it was ready…



Then it was time for the fun part! I got to put my serious painting skills to work.



…and by serious painting skills, I mean randomly squirting paint all over the canvas. By far, the best part of my day!


Blend with a paint brush and throw in the towel! Easy as pie…


Not quite sure what we are going to do with this one, but it sure was fun!



Kasey,  March 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

Love it! It looks like a lake of something. Very peaceful.

Berry,  March 20, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

That looks great and pretty simple. Maybe I will try one of my own!

Live the Home Life March 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

Berry, try one and send me the after shots! Very easy.

Kasey, I see a lake/pond too! Thanks!


shopgirl March 23, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

That's so great - I love it! You gotta do more! You've got the creative skills!

Live the Home Life March 23, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Thanks shopgirl! If I'm not careful I may end up with a house full of the exact same painting in different colors!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP