4 Weeknight Mini-Rehab

>> Friday, June 19, 2009

Nothing to do on a Wednesday night. With a pilates class cut short and Eric out showing property, I found myself home early twiddling my thumbs--something I don't do well. So, I decided to tackle one of the many rehab projects waiting in our garage.

On the same trip that brought our new
TV console table into our lives, we found an old window that we were able to snag for just $5 at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.

In an effort to cure my idleness, I grabbed my sander, a squirt bottle of Mrs. Meyer's cleaner and a bit of enthusiasm and got to work!

Here is the window in its original condition: filthy and splintery...



...but after removing the sharp metal pieces, sanding down the chipped paint, and giving it a good scrub, it fit right in above the mantel in our dining room. Not a bad space filler for five bucks!



Budget Breakdown:


Window. . . . . . . . . . $5
Total . . . . . . . . . . . $5

What do you do around the house to cure the boredom blues?

-Cara

4 comments:

Caroline P.,  June 19, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

I try a new recipe that has been on my mind for a while.

The Doose's June 19, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Love the window! Your home is always so cute, and you just keep making it better.

Cara @ Live the Home Life June 19, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

I can say the same thing about your home, Missy! Every time I am at your house--which is often--there is something new.

-Cara

Patricia,  June 19, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

With three young kids, I treasure every bored moment I have!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP