10 Master Bathroom Remodel: Day 1

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

Truth be told, this door to our master bath has probably only been opened a half a dozen times since we moved into Casa Wilkerson three months ago. Why are we giving this space the cold shoulder?…
    IMG_5527

It’s scary, and not just cosmetically. Sure the room is a smidge on the dated side, but as far as functionality goes, it’s a wreak. Both the shower pan and pipe underneath the toilet leak, rendering our master bath virtually useless. 

IMG_5519 IMG_5520

        
Until now! Time to turn this wasted square footage into a shining master bath oasis.

Thanks to the complexity of properly replacing a shower pan (one episode of Holmes on Homes will tell you that), we are leaving this part of the remodel to the experts. I’ve never seen such a beautiful site…

IMG_5531IMG_5534 IMG_5535

IMG_5538

IMG_5539


Now tell me that is not a little slice of heaven on earth. See you back here tomorrow for more demo goodness…and perhaps a mood board for our new bath!

-Cara

10 comments:

Crazy Wienerdog Lady April 29, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Can't wait to see it! I haven't opened the door to my hall bath since I moved because I'm determined to "fix it" before I use it. Oh and I have a HUGE bare wall in my bedroom that I need help deciding what to put on it! HELP! lol

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 29, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

Your hall bath situation sounds a lot like our master bath! Email me a few pictures of your bedroom and I'll see what ideas I can whip up for that wall of yours. Can't wait to see!

-Cara

Jennie,  April 29, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

Whoa! I found myself nervous at the sight of the giant hole in your wall. Maybe that is why I decided that a newer house was for me. But I know you will make this look so fabulous that I will now want an older home. Good luck!

custardbydesign April 29, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

cannot wait to see you finished project...

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 29, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

Jennie, our fingers are crossed!

Thanks, custard! We are excited to get to the finish line!

-Cara

Alexis,  April 29, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

SCARY!! Looking forward to the after pictures

Carrie @ Two Poms and a House April 29, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

Good for you...sometimes calling in an expert is the smartest decision. Can't wait for after photos!

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 29, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

Thanks, Carrie. We knew we would be in over our heads if we tried to tackle the shower pan ourselves.

-Cara

Kelly@TearingUpHouses May 2, 2010 at 7:07 AM  

Can't wait to see how it turns out, Cara!

Kelly

Cara @ Live the Home Life May 2, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

Thanks, Kelly! If this bath looks half as fabulous as one of your creations, we will be happy campers.

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP