9 Cheesing It Up, Wilkerson Style

>> Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Oh dear. Let’s go ahead and lay it all out there.

image
Your eyes are not mistaking you. That is a couple of Wilkersons. A couple of giant Wilkersons on a billboard.

 



Allow me to set the scene for you. I think a  little Wilkerson dialogue is needed…


Last fall at a silent auction fundraiser for the Pulaski County Humane Society. I was hovering over a dress for auction that I just had to have but a sneaky snake slithered her way in there and scooped it out from underneath me. Rats. As I sulked about my epic loss, Eric waltzes my way with a sheepish grin plastered on his charming little face.

Eric: Guess what we won? (Don’t you love how if you are the highest bidder at an auction you feel like you “won” something even though you’re shelling out plenty of dough for the goods? All for a good cause, I know.)

Cara: Oh! The wine basket! We won the wine basket! Pinot Noir city here comes C-Dub!

Eric: No. No wine. You have two more guesses. (Eric knows I hate the three guesses game.)

Cara: Um, dinner for two somewhere super special?

Eric: Nope. Last guess.

Cara: (My face goes blank as it dawns on me what we “won”.) Oh no. Not the—

Eric: YES! We won the billboard! No one else bid on it!

Cara: Oh geez.


Yes. We do realize our incredibly large faces are staring at you on your way to work. Yes. We do realize that I have way too many strands of pearls around my neck.
And Yes. A part of me wants to crawl in a hole…but the other part of me is thanking the sweet lord above that I opted to wear pants in this shot instead of exposing insanely white skirt-clad legs to the world.

-Cara

9 comments:

Kiley,  April 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

Lol! I think I saw it this morning. Where is it?

Melissa,  April 6, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

Love it! Wish I could see the real thing!

Melissa

Erin Patterson,  April 6, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

I want to drive to Little Rock just so I can see this. You have to tell us where it is!

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 7, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

Alright, I give in. It's on the corner of Van Buren & Kavanaugh in Hillcrest.

-Cara

Kristen,  April 7, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

awww it looks good!

Farah,  April 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

Good call on going with pants instead of a skirt!

Alex,  April 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

You guys crack me up!

Alycia Wicker April 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

Call me crazy, but I would love to be on a big billboard. How cool could I be? Huh? LOL

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP