8 Gran Gear #2: Flower Power

>> Thursday, April 1, 2010

I’ve been eyeballing this set of floral prints from Pottery Barn for quite some time, but with so many home projects consuming the time (and pocketbooks) of we Wilkersons, these guys have been simmering on the backburner…
image 
…until now! Look what Gran & I found during our recent scavenging adventure…

IMG_5085
…it’s the holy grail. The holy grail filled with hundreds upon hundreds of 8x11 wildflower prints…
 IMG_5078 IMG_5080IMG_5082 IMG_5084


I feel some serious framing coming on.

-Cara

8 comments:

Anonymous,  April 1, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

what is the name of the book?

Carrie @ Two Poms and a House April 1, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

awesome! how exciting you don't have to spend a small fortune at PB...fabulous, can't wait to see them framed!

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 1, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

The book is called Wild Flowers of America by H. W. Rickett. I bet there are tons of copies for sale online.

Carrie, I was so excited! Hopefully we'll have after pics soon!

-Cara

Anna,  April 1, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

Those will look great when framed. Where are you planning to put them?

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 1, 2010 at 6:00 PM  

Anna, I am thinking about in our guest room. We really need to whip that space into shape, but we'll see!

-Cara

Jill,  April 1, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

I am excited to see what you do with the pictures!! I have a large wall in my den that I thought about hanging multiple frame in.

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 2, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

Alison left this great tip on our facebook page...


I did this very same idea in my living room using a 1979 Reader's Digest book of bird illustrations. I bought incredibly inexpensive (maybe $3 max), different sized frames and matted the torn pages, then hung them symmetrically above my sofa. I'm about to spray paint the whole bunch so they are more cohesive.


..wouldn't bird prints be great? I loved that idea!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP