9 Gran Gear #3: Key to My Deal Loving Heart

>> Friday, April 2, 2010

Cooking is not my cup of tea. I sometimes try it and even sometimes enjoy it, but in no way, shape or form am I eager to hit the kitchen on a daily basis—alright, let’s be honest here, it’s really doing the dishes that makes my lip curl.

As a result, this trifle bowl has remained empty since it was given to us at a bridal shower many moons ago. Oh, yikes. I hope the person who gave this to us isn’t reading along. Oh well, sometimes the truth hurts. But rest assured, kind gift giver, this trifle bowl is now serving a purpose…

IMG_5089

Another fantastic Gran find was this chest of old keys. Dozens of old keys. Dozens of old keys that would make for killer vase filler trifle bowl filler…

IMG_5092

Several of the keys even had handy identifier tags and I quickly learned that these friends were once the gatekeepers on a long lost boat.  As fun a discovery as it was, I wasn’t surprised by this revelation. You see, my Grandad was a bit of a nautical nut. If it had to do with the sea, he was onboard.

IMG_5096

Just my luck, there was enough room in my trifle bowl for each and every key…

IMG_5101IMG_5100

Well, I may have left one out…

IMG_5094

IMG_5099


-Cara

9 comments:

Crazy Wienerdog Lady April 2, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

I love it that you used the Master Key tag! Cute! Right along with that Pet Perks card LOL

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 2, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

I didn't even realize I put the "Master" key right next to the petsmart card. How funny...and appropriate!

-Cara

Nora,  April 2, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

We got a trifle bowl as a wedding gift and haven't used it either. Don't feel bad!


Nora

Amanda@Married Life Diaries April 2, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

When I saw this post today, I became insanely jealous. Great idea!

Amanda

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 2, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

Thanks, Amanda! I am always amazed by the great finds buried in Gran's house, garage sales & thrift stores. You never know what you are going to get!

-Cara

Angie,  April 2, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

CUTE! I want them!

Anonymous,  April 5, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

I love the keys! My husband and I have been collecting old, interesting looking keys that we plan on putting in a shadowbox. I love keys as decor!

Anonymous,  September 22, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

I have that same trifle bowl! I've used it for fruit (honestly, that usually sits and rots before I can eat it all since I'm the only fruit eater besides Harrison's occasional apple...). Now, however, I'll be looking around for something interesting to fill it with!!! -Kelly Pace

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP