4 Rebel with a Pillow Cause

>> Sunday, January 17, 2010

True confession: I get my kicks by conquering “home nerd” challenges. We all know I enjoy cheating death by scraping a few extra years out of furniture with the Rehabilitation Station, but I also thrive in standing my ground against threats of the paper type. You know the kind, those pesky cleaning instructions plastered across tags attached to pillows, throws, dog sweaters, all adamantly declaring “dry clean only”…

image 
Now, you’ll recall I recently lost a battle with a certain curtain panel soiled by a certain four legged friend…

image
Nonetheless, I was feeling frisky and wanted my throw pillow covers—deemed “dry clean only” by Ikea—cleaned now. Oh, what the hay, a girl’s gotta live a little.

So with fingers crossed I tossed the covers into the washing machine, triple checked the cold setting and ran quickly from the laundry room before I could hold myself accountable for my actions.

IMG_4003

IMG_4006


My drenched friends looked like they were holding up alright when it came time to line dry, but then again so did that dreaded curtain panel. Only time would tell and with the skeletons lurking on the sofa reminding me that nearest Ikea was 300 miles away, I started to regret my need for instant gratification.



Now, now. Wipe those tears. This story ends with all smiles and rainbows. No pillows were harmed during the cleaning process, and I have a sneaky feeling Ikea is in cahoots with the “dry clean only” money makers.

Clean and still roughly the same size as before washing, our throw pillows are fluffed, puffed and ready for little paws to dirty up again…

IMG_4007

IMG_4028 IMG_4012


        
-Cara

4 comments:

Ronda,  January 17, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

That is hilarious! I like how the small dog can fit on just one pillow and the other takes up three!

Tina,  January 17, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

I never know whether to trust those tags of not. Glad this one worked out!

Southern Aspirations January 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

I've had my wins and losses with washing the dry clean only tags. Happy that yours worked out!! Your dogs are adorable!! And I completely get the need to clean frequently with the "kids."

Cara @ Live the Home Life January 22, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

After the curtain catastrophe I sure was glad the throw pillows weathered the storm!

Southern Aspirations, the pups thank you for your compliment. They think you are pretty adorable too!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP