4 Real Simple: 21 Ways to Enhance an Entryway

>> Friday, January 15, 2010

Inspired by Robin’s foyer, I was delighted to stumble upon 21 tips from Real Simple on enhancing an entryway. A few ideas especially hit the nail on the head in my book…

imageEngage visitors immediately by creating an eye-catching wall display. Here, unused pieces of wallpaper are framed eclectically.

 

 

 

 

 

 








image Position a mirror to catch the light and bring the sun into a darker hallway. Paint the mirror a clean, crisp white for added brightness. (I like the white mirror. It looks a bit familiar…)









image If you have a little nook in the foyer, tuck in a table and a chair (or even just a chair) to give it a cozier feel.













image A table lamp casts an inviting glow, too. Keep the base slim so the lamp doesn’t feel overwhelming, especially on a slender console table.











-Cara

4 comments:

Trisha,  January 15, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Good idea ans thanks for posting this. My entry way is looking a bit bland to me. Maybe I ned to shake things up a bit. Love this blog!

Kameron,  January 16, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

I like tip #1 where they framed pieces of wallpaper for a colorful display. I've seen others use scrapbook paper, but sometimes those pieces may be too small. Thanks for post!

Cara @ Live the Home Life January 16, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

I thought the wallpaper trick was a good idea also. Fun and inexpensive way to add a pop-or pops!-of color.

-Cara

Monica Gibbs,  January 16, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

Great ideas! Real Simple is the best.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP