5 A Life Changing Discovery

>> Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Holy…stinkin’…moly…my life is complete. Maybe I am just slow to stumble upon this haven of inspiration, but has anyone else discovered Knock Off Wood aka the mother load of DIY furniture? There are no words to describe how happy this home nerd is right now.

 



Ana, the genius creator of this unbelievable blog and my newly appointed (by me) guidance counselor, takes fabulous furniture pieces from our favorite stores and recreates them…from scratch.



She does what? We need an example. You don’t yet believe me. Look what Ana did with this beautiful bench from Pottery Barn.

The inspiration…

image

The master plan…

image

image image image

…and the plans go on but you get the point. For full plans, click here.

You better believe this discovery is a Rehabilitation Station dream come true!


-Cara

5 comments:

Cheri,  January 27, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

Neat! I'm pretty sure that I don't have the talent, patience or tools for a project like this but I know you do! I can't wait to see how it turns out. perfect, I am sure of it!

Cara @ Live the Home Life January 27, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Oh Cheri, I know that you too could knock out a few of these brilliant projects! I've already picked out a dining table that I am ready to conquer. Fingers crossed!

-Cara

Trish,  January 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

You are braver than I! Good luck! :)

-Trish

Alycia Wicker January 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

I just found that site last week! I am so interested in trying to build some things!!!

Cara @ Live the Home Life January 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Alycia, let me know once you give one of the projects a whirl. I am so excited!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP