2 History Lesson: Master Bath

>> Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Before we break into the how-tos (and how-not-tos) that make up my master bath remodel, let’s wrap up the entire project with a speedy summary of where I found what and when…

image

Master Bath Remodel_after21

Master Bath Remodel_after14


#1…DIY (with much help from my fabulous father) floating wood vanity. We’ll get into the nitty gritty of exactly how we pulled this one off a little later in the week.

#2…Vessel sinks, faucets and vanity light fixture straight from Amazon.com. I’m not sure what kind of black magic Amazon is into but all I know is that I ordered my light fixture at 5:30 in the evening (standard shipping, mind you) and it arrived on my doorstep by 11:30 the next morning. That’s more than a minor miracle.

#3…In stock white octagon floor tile and white subway shower tile from Home Depot. Load it up, take it home, get to work.

#4…DIY baseboard and quarter round. My first attempt at trim and I’m patting myself on the back and counting all of the pennies I saved by knocking this one out on my own…and it looks pretty stinkin’ fabulous, if I do say so myself.

#5…Topped off with a couple of mirrors I picked up a few months back at a going out of business sales for a local frame shop and carved wood wall art from Target that I’ve had for years.


Now for the shower and linen nook…

image

image image


#1…Wall color: Rice Grain by Sherwin-Williams. Love my friends at SW and this is the perfect neutral with a hint of green…without out getting too green.

#2…Accessories: baskets from Target, canisters from Mom last Christmas, and hamper from Burlington Coat Factory. Their ads don’t lie. They really are more than great coats, y’all!

#3…DIY shower curtain. Again we’ll discuss the how-to later in the week.

#4…Curtain holdback from Walmart to keep the pretty white shower tile in plain view.

#5…Hooks from Anthropologie double as the perfect perch for hand towels.


That’s it! Join me back here tomorrow as I recap a DIY project…or two.


clip_image002

2 comments:

Sarah,  October 5, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

Love those sinks. Where can I find them on Amazon? What brand are they? Thanks!

Cara @ Live the Home Life October 5, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

Here they are! Love them...

http://www.amazon.com/Kraus-KCV-121-CH-Rectangular-Ceramic-Chrome/dp/B002IDKFUM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1317823654&sr=8-5

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP