4 Just a Thought: To Mr. Jobs…

>> Thursday, October 6, 2011

With the passing of a visionary mastermind, Steve Jobs, I want to take a moment to get a bit more serious than usual on this normally light hearted blog of mine. Don’t worry. It won’t last long.

Last night after finding out about Mr. Jobs’ passing on my iPhone, the very device he created, I took a moment to read his enormously powerful commencement speech to Stanford University’s graduating class of 2005. (If you haven’t had the honor of reading it, stop what you are doing and click here. Your boss will understand.) In his speech, Mr. Jobs harps on two main points: everything happens for a reason and find what you love and do it. I’ve always been a big believer in the first point, and as for the second, I want to take up one smidge of your day to thank you for letting me do what I love every single day. Not only do I get to help my client-friends find their perfect home while simultaneously tearing apart and reconstructing my own, but I have the wonderful opportunity to write about it every step of the way…and even more than that? You actually show up to read the adventures I’ve thrown into the blog-o-sphere. My biggest thank you and an enormous hug goes out to all of you reading this right now on Live the Home Life, the wonderful At Home in Arkansas magazine crew for taking my ramblings from my own casa to the rest of the state, and my friends at eHow.com for somehow buying into the notion that I actually know what I’m talking about. Not only do you let me spend my days creating and writing, but you enable me with open arms.

And the biggest thank you to  Mr. Jobs for all he’s done for the worlds of technology and mass communications. We blog nerds are more grateful than our keyboards can possibly express.

clip_image002

4 comments:

Danielle,  October 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

Well we love reading everything you write. You are creative and funny and give me hope that I can "do it myself" Thank YOU!

Julie,  October 6, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

As a devoted fan of Apple products, I was so sad to hear that he passed away. What a great legacy to leave behind.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP