2 DIY Never Takes a Holiday

>> Monday, October 31, 2011

It’s no surprise that, with a DIY mother of my own, Halloween costumes from my childhood were often of the homemade variety…

Letzig kiddos_Halloween


…but when I caught the Today Show’s segment this morning on last minute Halloween ideas for the kiddos, it only confirmed that I’ll someday be the mother hauling around her little trick-or-treaters decked out in DIY costumes from the hardware store.

Poor little astronaut…




I wouldn’t venture to say that I’ve never laughed so hard as when I watched this, but it’s definitely in the running. Al Roker’s belly laughs were egging me on.

Happy Halloween, y’all!

clip_image002


LTHL Update: Since posting, fond family memories have arisen that must be shared…


Cara: Warning. You are on the blog today.

Brother Will: I look ready to do some plundering and sailing of the high seas. Too bad we grew up in a land locked state…that always was a favorite costume of mine.

Cara: Nah. Mom’s DIY version of Indiana Jones has the pirate beat.

Will: Of course. That one tops the list…and I’m pretty sure Mom made my whip out of a syringe and braided panty hose.

2 comments:

Alex October 31, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

Deviled eggs and King Kong w/ Empire State Building were cute. Those other kids looks miserable. The cupcake couldn't walk and the aluminum "backpack" w/ silver spray painted water bottle were terrible! I can't believe that was on national television.

Cara @ Live the Home Life October 31, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

The backpack was the kicker! I lost it when that little kid turned around...and so did Al.

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP