6 Just a Thought: There’s no way I’m alone on this one…

>> Monday, October 10, 2011

Normally, Martha Stewart can do no wrong in my book. Jail time? Her soufflé makes up for it. Neglectful mother? Possibly, but she (and that killer kitchen of hers) wins my heart over every time…but when I got around to reading her Oct 2011 issue, my own personal Martha fan club took a hit.

Don’t get me wrong, the recipes looked fabulous and her pumpkin carving party made me want to hop back into second grade…

photo

photo

…but when page 21 rolled around and Martha’s taxidermy collection took center stage, my Martha-worship took a beating. Somehow I just can’t stomach the thought of a smattering of birds perched next to my chicken dish, a porcupine in my liquor cabinet and a brown bear in my bed snuggled up with my latest loaner from the library.

photophoto

Thanks for the nightmares, Martha.

clip_image002

6 comments:

Colleen Sullivan October 10, 2011 at 3:48 PM  

Ew I totally agree. After seeing all those delicious dishes and neat ideas, dead animals stuffed and used as decor IS a major turn off.

Cara @ Live the Home Life October 11, 2011 at 7:26 AM  

I just can't handle it. Opening up my game closet to find an American lynx. Not only does Martha love a stuffed animal--I can deal with one or two--but hiding them in scary places? Oh dear.

Cara

Andrea October 11, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

That is hilarious. Yes, she lost me too.

Kendall Jones October 13, 2011 at 9:39 PM  

I agree!! I was shocked by that!!

Cara @ Live the Home Life October 14, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

I guess it was fitting that these creatures were included in the Halloween issue (scary, for sure!) but I could do without stuffed bunnies in the Easter edition.

Cara

liquor cabinet January 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM  

best wishes to you, hope you are happy...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP