4 A Dangerous Duo

>> Tuesday, October 11, 2011

If I ever feel the urge to lose myself in hours of mindless fun, I turn to my dangerous duo: Google and Pinterest. And when I really feel like pushing myself over the edge? I throw two of my favorite words into the Google Images search engine: White Rooms. Holy moly. Wake me up when supper is ready, because I’ll be dreaming in shades of white.

Those of you who’ve had the chance romp around my construction site, either in person or on LTHL, will clearly notice that not a single white room exists in my house. Some 5 years ago when I had my very first house fresh out of college, I gave a white room a whirl…and it was dreadful. Painfully plain. Ridiculously sterile.

Now older, wiser and a bit more knowledgeable in the world of home decor, my mind is already in overdrive thinking of all the fun I could have with a white room, take 2…in my next house. I’m not moving quite yet, but when I do, rest assured inspiration will be pulled from my arsenal of white room obsessions.

imageimage

image

image

image



Note: While I do love the look, I have a very hard time coping with painted hardwoods. Unless they are stained beyond repair and simply refinishing wouldn’t do much good, I couldn’t bring myself to touch such pretty planks with a paintbrush. Am I alone on this?

clip_image002

4 comments:

Alex October 11, 2011 at 2:10 PM  

Do my floors count as "beyond repair"? because I'm almost to that point :)

And you know Clair dreams of an all-white apartment where no dogs or husband are allowed. I like her idea.

Mrs. K October 11, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

I love those bookshelves! Ahh :) Heaven.

Cara @ Live the Home Life October 11, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

Alex, I need to see those bad boys in person. I'll swing by sometime and we can brainstorm. Now you and I know good and well Clair would get bored in an all white apartment by herself...or her phone calls to you would just increase 10 fold.

Mrs. K, uuuugggghhh I could stare at built-ins until the day is done.

Cara

Angie,  October 12, 2011 at 10:00 AM  

My mom painted the floorboards in her sunroom and it looked really nice but I think I agree with you about other rooms in the house.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP