7 Rehabilitation Station Nine Month Recap

>> Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Recently I had a lovely friend inquire as to where I find all of my Rehabilitation Station finds. What an excellent question, Mrs. Buie!

I think today is a great day to rewind and visit the history of my little friends. I completely understand if you have no interest whatsoever in this post. I am taking a purely selfish blog day and reliving all of my fast times with these good pals…

image Rescued From: Habitat for Humanity ReStore


Oh Lady in Red, how I treasure thee. Not only was she my first “official” rehab, official in that she was the first I shared with you fine folks, but she also was by far my most bold. With an originally defective bottom right drawer, she left me no choice but to amputate her bottom two drawers, but in the end, she thanks me for it. Now updated and sassy, she is always the first to welcome guests to our humble abode.

imageRescued From: Habitat for Humanity ReStore

This guy was made of solid wood and what a relief that was after working with our particle board princess/Lady in Red. We thought he would make for an excellent TV console table, and that he did…and still does.

imageRescued From: Habitat for Humanity ReStore
This $5 gem of a window just needed a good scrub in order to make a fine addition to our mantle. An easy weeknight rehab and inexpensive space filler all in one!

image

Rescued From: A fabulous little lady named Melissa Bond
A coworker and friend of us Wilkersons just had these tables lounging around her storage unit, so we snagged them up and gave them new life. Thanks M. Bond, and no, you cannot have them back.

imageRescued From: Habitat for Humanity ReStore
Alright now, this project definitely took the most imagination. Turning an old head and footboard from a crib into a headboard for a queen-sized bed was no ordinary project, but it was definitely a fun one!

image Rescued From: Mom & Dad
I don’t think that this bed was ever officially given to me, but I just decided to give it a fresh coat of paint anyway. Don’t worry, my parents are used to this sort of behavior by now.

image

Rescued From: Arkansas Children’s Hospital
Don’t tell projects 1-6, but this fellow is definitely my favorite thus far. His spindly little legs turned me to butter and his price tag of nada wasn’t too shabby either.

image

Rescued From: Arkansas Children’s Hospital
Now don’t go around telling people that I steal furniture from hospitals. The acquisitions were totally legit. For the back story, click here.

image Rescued From: Habitat for Humanity ReStore
Luckily for me, I grabbed these guys when they were half off at the Restore, also known as a little slice of rehab heaven on earth. At just $7.00 a pop, there was no way I could go wrong with my first crack at reupholstery.

image

Rescued From: A Family Member
A current rehab in the making. We will see how this lady turns out. So far, so good, but only time and a broken nail or two will tell.


Thanks for indulging me as I take a stroll down memory lane. I can’t believe how many projects I’ve acquired over the past nine months of this little blog of ours, and thank you for actually checking in to see the results!

-Cara

7 comments:

Claire,  December 15, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

I can't believe you did all of these. They all look amazing!

Anonymous,  December 15, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

Great job on all 10. Have you ever added up how much the total cost was for all of them? I bet not much!

Anonymous,  December 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Hello, this is my first visit to your blog and your projects look Great!! I've been painting and repurposing furniture for the past few months and I love to see what others are doing. Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see how the mirror turns out!

Cara @ Live the Home Life December 16, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

Well we are glad to have you and I am always excited to find another that shares in my affection for down and out furniture. Do you have a blog? I'd love to see pics of your projects!

-Cara

Anonymous,  December 18, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Those are so great. Oddly enough, I have the EXACT SAME console (also bought at a thrift store) and have been trying to figure out what to do with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cara @ Live the Home Life December 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

How funny! Long lost twins. You will have to send pictures my way once you've completed your project.

-Cara

Samantha December 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

fab makeovers, lovi the black tv console!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP