0 Like Mother, Like Daughter

>> Friday, July 3, 2009

My name is Cara Wilkerson, and I have a problem. I don't want to become one of those pack rats that takes home every stray piece of furniture that crosses their path, so I'm trusting you to let me know when I've crossed the line.

BUT, this time I couldn't resist. The amazingly wonderful Little Rock institution that is Arkansas Children's Hospital not only helps hundreds of children every day, but they also helped me add a few more projects to the Rehabilitation Station to-do list.

My mom, a dedicated employee of the hospital--and trash to treasure expert--invited me to tag along with her to a big giveaway that ACH was having to get rid of excess office furniture. I was doubtful that I would find anything that I couldn't live without, but figured it would be fun to go nonetheless.

We arrived bright and early to find a line of employees extending down the street, but we stuck it out and made it inside 20 minutes later...



Of course, my imagination ran wild and within 30 seconds, I'd snagged a bookshelf in remarkably good condition and made of real wood. No particle board here people...



Then, a sad little fellow across the room caught my eye. A lonely desk was practically begging me to take him home and make him handsome again. What was I to do--and did I mention it was free?!

I had no choice but to call my dad--and his trailer--for reinforcements. There was no way Mom and I could have hauled everything ourselves...



Now there are two more projects waiting in the garage. Take a number. Have a seat. And we'll be with you shortly...



-Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP