>> Tuesday, July 28, 2009
When potential buyers enter your home, one key feature they look for are appealing bathrooms. When staging your home to sell, put a little extra effort into those areas. Think clean, fresh and luxurious.
- If the fixtures in your bathroom are outdated (spigots, handles, mirrors, etc.), consider replacing them with sleek, modern fixtures.
- Adorn the towel rack with high-quality plush towels in subtle colors. When buyers come to visit, always remove your daily towels.
- If you have a shower curtain, be certain it is 100% clean. If not, replace it. Choose a solid curtain and keep it simple. White is always a safe choice.
- Check the tub and shower to make sure there are only necessary items in there. No messy bars of soap and shampoo bottles. Place items under the sink after using them each day.
- Hang neutral art in your bathroom to transform it from hum-drum to something special.
- Fresh flowers and candles suggests a spa like atmosphere.
- Make sure your bathroom is squeaky clean. Many buyers will not be able to look past dingy grout and filmy shower doors.
This bathroom is nice and new, but a few neutral pieces of wall art and plush towels set the stage for a speedy sale…
The bright walls and under-the-sea inspired shower curtain may be fun for the kids, but buyers are adults and looking for a neutral, peaceful retreat…