4 An Original Outdoor Redesign

>> Monday, July 27, 2009

Check out how one savvy reader from Design Sponge added a bit of organized style to his outdoor space with an old file cabinet purchased for $10 on Craig’s List.



chadbefore


Once turned on its side, outfitted with planter boxes and  painted a bright yellow, this boring cabinet reemerged as a sleek and durable outdoor planter.



chadduring
chadafter 

I think this is a fantastic idea, but not sure I would have gone with such a bright yellow. What do you think?

-Cara

4 comments:

Allison,  July 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

I like this idea a lot. Maybe the bright yellow is a little too childish. I think a red would look good.

Jo,  July 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

I like the yellow. i think it would only work in a certain type of yard though.

Cara Beth July 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

I LOVE this idea. I with you on the yellow though. I prefer a country blue or deep red.

Cara @ Live the Home Life July 27, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

Cara Beth, blue would be so lovely! Good thinkin!

I agree with all of your comments. The bright yellow was a bit too preschool for my taste.

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP