4 No Alvins Allowed

>> Tuesday, January 31, 2012

One of the serious perks of my job is that I am able to spend a good chunk of my time working from right here…

image

You can even make out where my caboose has made a clearly identifiable indention in the couch cushion…lovely.

Other than when I’m out and about running around showing houses, as long as I have my laptop close by and my cell phone even closer by, I can work from just about anywhere. Pretty great right? Absolutely, but don’t go getting the idea that working from home means lounging in PJs until noon with the TV blaring. Work still has to get done and I’m not the only one with business on the brain. My little June bug works her little tail off from sun up to sun down.

You see, while I’m typing away from my perch, June’s on a mission of her own. A mission to kill.

Notice anything particularly schnauzer intriguing in this photo? (Pardon the gutter-cleaning debris, friends.)…

June chipmunk_4

Oh yeah, baby. We have a chipmunk living underneath the back patio. A chipmunk who June has had her eye on for the past two years and who I may or may not refer to as Chip-y Munk-y.

image

I’m fairly positive June’s sole purpose for existing is to protect our house from Chip-y Munk-y. The second the sun rises? She’s looking for Chip-y Munk-y. Before she takes care of business (you know what I mean here)? She’s sniffing around Chip-y Munk-y’s front door/hole in the ground to see if he’s home. She’s even gone so far as to rip a section of guttering off the side of the house when she saw Chip-y Munk-y scurry up it. That was a fun experience.

It may seem like a fruitless task, but for June, a tiny chipmunk head on a silver platter is the stuff dreams are made of. And for me, Chip-y Munky is one hell of a puppy sitter.

June chipmunk_5June chipmunk_3June chipmunk_2


clip_image002

4 comments:

Sasha,  January 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM  

Your backyard looks enormous. I wish I had that much room for my two dogs to run and play. Cute post!

Cara @ Live the Home Life January 31, 2012 at 10:51 AM  

Given I am no where close to being a green thumb, I definitely have more yard than I need but June would disagree. She loves to chase everything living that enters her "turf"

Thanks for stopping by!

Cara

Hillary,  January 31, 2012 at 11:15 AM  

Funny! I always enjoy your writing style and the new blog banner looks really good too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP