2 The Kitchen Plan, Stan: Take 1

>> Tuesday, January 3, 2012

If I’ve learned one thing as a Realtor, it’s that buyers prefer to buy houses where they don’t have to actually go outside to switch out a load of laundry. Unfortunately, my laundry room as is doesn’t quite fit the bill. In order to access my laundry room, I have to go out my kitchen door, into the carport and then into my laundry room like so…

image

A completely finished space in need of a little paint and polish, but entirely cut off from the rest of the house. To be a good Realtor and properly prep my house for resale down the road, it would be wise of me to go ahead and connect my kitchen and laundry room while I’m already getting down and dirty with a kitchen revamp.

image



By taking out a few cabinets and flip-flopping my washer and dryer to the adjacent wall of my laundry room, there should be just enough room for a doorway. Should be. Fingers crossed.

image

image


clip_image002

2 comments:

Barbara Pilcher January 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM  

Good for you for thinking ahead. The change will be an important improvement. Keep us posted.

Jackie,  January 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM  

Yay! I'm excited to watch the kitchen saga play out on the blog here. Yours should be in progress just as Young House Love finishes theirs :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP