5 Two of these things are not like the others…

>> Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can you spot the differences between the two kitchen mood boards below? I’ll give you a hint: The wall color, backsplash, appliances, lighting and cabinets are still the same…

image


image

If you guessed that I finally forced myself to commit to countertops and cabinet pulls after hours of research and countless bottles of wine, you are 100% correct!

Simply simple brushed nickel pulls from eBay will suit my kitchen just fine…as did the $1.00 a piece price tag.

The countertops were a much more difficult (and much more expensive) decision. I’ve been struggling over the counter dilemma since I dedicated my home loving heart to revamping my kitchen. I knew I wanted a solid surface but was less than enthralled over my choices of granite. Don’t get me wrong, granite is fab for sure, but I wanted color less streaky/spotty/swirly/speckled-y and more uniform. Just the job for quartz.  And who knows? My Silestone quartz counters in Toffee may actually make me want to cook in my new kitchen when all is said and done. Doubtful, but still a possibility.

Woo hoo! Two more decisions checked off the to-do list. Progress, friends. Progress.


clip_image002

5 comments:

The Brewers January 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM  

Love your choices!!! Just my two cents (which again are worth nothing!)- but I would love to see you do a large tile on the floor that is also in a brick/subway pattern that mimics your backsplash. Of course, I am in LRUV with subway tile right now. :) I did them in dark on my backsplash- (bottom of the post here http://rachelandcolebrewer.blogspot.com/2012/01/avas-therapy-room.html

Cara @ Live the Home Life January 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM  

Oh my goodness! That would look fab! I've never been so weird about commitment in my life. Normally, I say to myself 'that sounds good' and start working away. Ha!

Cara

The Brewers January 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM  

I know what you mean! We gutted our last kitchen and I picked out things in seconds and kept rolling! This house, we just did the counter and backsplash, and it took me months and countless trips to the stone yard and tile store! I just couldn't commit! It's so much money, so final! But your kitchen is going to look fantastic!!! Your mood board is lovely!!!

Henry Drake January 20, 2012 at 1:25 AM  

These are wise choices. I would buy them myself.

Anonymous,  January 21, 2012 at 8:01 AM  

Love the mood board, can't wait for the final reveal! I'm a fan of silestone, I think you'll enjoy it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP