4 You think too much and no one cares about you…

>> Thursday, June 16, 2011

Today I’m super tied up with the boring real estate hum drum that I love to pieces, but does not an enthralling blog post make. I have no killer before & after or spectacular tidbit of DIY advice. To make matters worse, I (gulp) skipped out on posting yesterday. Please pretend for my own wellbeing that you didn’t notice my absence…sigh…What good am I? A blogger turned bad.

Down on my blogging abilities for sure, it’s time to turn the tables on myself.

You see, I have a wonderful bunch of close friends from all walks of life that I thank the big guy upstairs for every single stinkin’ day of my life, and in return for their spectacular support, I do my very best to be a good friend and lend an ear when needed. At which point I offer the same two pieces of advice to every friend for every problem…

A. You think too much

B. No one cares about you


…before you write me off as a heartless shell of a human being, allow me to explain…


A. You think too much: Basically you think too much. So stop it.

B. No one cares about you: People are wired to think about themselves. Sure, we worry about our friends and help the world when we can, but the plain truth is that no one thinks about us as much as we think about ourselves. No one sits at home and spends hours staring at a picture of you with the worst haircut of your life, nor do they replay a conversation over and over again to judge you for your misuse of the word “pugnacious”.


So today I’m taking my own advice for my epic failure in LTHL blogging history...I am thinking too much and no one cares about me…Good golly, that feels good. Go ahead and send the friend of the year award my way. I’ve clearly earned it.

clip_image002

4 comments:

Molly,  June 16, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

HAHAHAH! 2 true peices of advice. My mom used to always tell me the same thing when I was carrying on over something not worth the effort. Have a good week!!

Meredith June 16, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

Couldn't be a more appropriate topic for a post-Wednesday afternoon! After our 23rd (yes, I counted) Wine Wednesday Hash & Rehash of life, love, advice, justifications (or lack thereof), and relationships, I couldn't help but make a justification of my own. Our book is necessary. I justify this decision based on all our combined experiences with a dose of harsh truth and a dash of black and white advice on top. Also, by the acts of those around us who desparately need someone to be as blunt as we are willing to be; as you said, no one cares about you. So I say we pick a date to put this baby on paper.

Cara @ Live the Home Life June 16, 2011 at 2:27 PM  

Lauren & Molly, the giving of the advice is easy, but when it's thrown back at you--as my friends openly do right back at me--it takes you back a bit...but then remember that it's the 100% complete truth!

Mere, as the recipient of my "words of wisdom" on more than one occasion, I was waiting for you to chime in on this one. While our book may be more of a comedy than self-help, it would definitely be a page turner!

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP