6 Quick Question: Hoard Much?

>> Thursday, June 30, 2011

Relatively speaking, I’m a pretty clutter free creature—especially after watching an episode or two of Buried Alive or Hoarders. In fact, after such viewing, it may be argued that I have the opposite problem in the form of a selective case of home OCD.

Case in point: my refrigerator. 

mag_7 mag_2


Clean at all times with three exceptions: a shopping list, invitations that have yet to be written in my day planner at which point they will promptly be tossed in the trash and a framed magnetic photo of my sweet deceased puppy dog Ralph…OH! It’s also critical that all three permissible items are neatly arranged on the side of the fridge not the front. Very important.

Of course I feel sorry for my future children that their macaroni artwork won’t be showcased on the steely doors of my Frigidaire, but I find comfort knowing that surely such neglect will only build character. Besides, if they take after their mother, they’ll find a deep satisfaction in hoarding magazines. Stacks and stacks of magazines.

It recently dawned on me that a serious publication hoarding situation is brewing in my neck of the woods…

mag_1mag_6mag_4mag_5mag_3

You may now be anticipating a come-to-Jesus moment where I admit my hoarding sins and vow to rid my house of every pre-2011 issue…but that’s just silly. We all need a hoarding vice. This is mine, and I know you have one too.

So spill your guts. What are you stashing away in that casa of yours?

clip_image002

6 comments:

Regina,  June 30, 2011 at 3:51 PM  

Sweetener. Splenda packets, equal, sweet n low. I take a few every in my bag time I eat out. I admit it!

Jessica June 30, 2011 at 9:27 PM  

Wrapping paper. Major problem. :)

I also only have things on the side of my refrigerator. But since I got a new stainless one, I almost want to put things on the front to cover all those pesky fingerprints....

Michelle @ Michelle Lee Interiors June 30, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

Jewelry. It's everywhere. Bathroom sink, closet, dresser, coffee table. Kind of ridiculous!

mylifeasamrsh.blogspot.com

Kate,  June 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM  

Wine corks. I won't buy twist top because they dont have a cork to hoard. I have a big bowl in my pantry that I keep them all in. I've collected so many over the years that I cannot stop now!!

Adrienne C,  July 1, 2011 at 9:11 AM  

You are going to die when I tell you!! I have way too many refrigerator magnets!!! I am sure that you are yelling at your computer as you read this. Happy Fourth weekend!

Leslie,  July 1, 2011 at 10:16 AM  

I hoard magazines too. I have huge stacks of them that I cannot throw away. I remember going to my granny's house when I was young and looking through all of her old magazines. Maybe I am just hoping that my grandkids will think my magazines are a cool.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP