3 On Raising a Delinquent

>> Friday, June 3, 2011

 

Every year our local Humane Society puts together a day planner featuring photos of folks around town with their furry friends.

Every year a few Charlotte John agents get together for a group picture to support the cause.



Every year I give my June Bug a bath and trim her little scraggly toenails and comb her little beard.

Every year we show up.

Every year we smile.

Every year. 


Char Jo_puppy pic 2011 
Clearly a few have been practicing their best I-know-you’ve-got-a-treat-in-your-pocket smiles…

image 
Sure, the little longhaired beauty in the front may have been a smidge confused about who actually was yelling Puppies! You wanna treat?! from behind the camera lens, but at least she’s looking at a person.

My June, on the other hand, would rather plot the murder of the neighbor’s squirrels than pretend like her mother taught her any manners.

image


What happened to this sweet face?…

IMG_5038

Or these perky ears?

photo

Even halfway asleep you manage to throw your best gremlin glance at the camera…

photo

If this rebellion is a sign of the times to come, I’m in trouble. Soon my little angel will be sporting a spiked collar, chasing little boy dogs around the neighborhood and hoarding stolen milk bones under her dog bed. Heart break is real.

clip_image002

3 comments:

Shannon,  June 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

LOL!!! This post is hilarious!! They never do cooperate when we want them to.

Mandy,  June 3, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

Haha! This is so funny! I love all of the sweet puppy's and their people :) They are all precious, especially the one who seems to be taking a nap in the back row! Great post, Cara!

Cara @ Live the Home Life June 3, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

Shannon, my sweet little girl is just growing up so fast. I can't take another second of it.

Mandy, that's Chuy in the back. He's the best. I have my suspicions that June is acting out to get his attention.

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP