7 A Little LTHL Dialogue…And a True Confession

>> Thursday, October 7, 2010

Friend/Co-Worker/Random-LTHL-Reader-That-I-Bump-Into-At-Target (my absolute favorite!): Cara! I read your blog all the time and your house is sooooo cute! I wish I was as crafty as you and could make my house look like that.

Me: (Bring on a big blush paired with a happy dance/bear hug) You made my day! Thank you so much, but I have to be honest. It’s not that great.

Friend/Co-Worker/RLRTIBIAT (MAF!): Whatever! It’s adorable. I’m sure you keep it spotless all the time too.

Me: Well, I wouldn’t go that far…


Now, granted, I’ve put a lot of elbow grease into this construction site of mine and think these particular rooms are looking pretty stinkin’

cute…

IMG_7417 IMG_5854 IMG_4777 IMG_6624
But maybe you haven’t seen my dirty little secret—I mean, my dirty 12’x18’ secret…
 IMG_7419 IMG_7420

IMG_7425

IMG_7424

IMG_7422



…um, excuse me, Ms Wilkerson. You did not tell us about this project…


You’re right. Probably because this is less than a formalized project and more of what happens when my boredom gets the best of me on a Sunday night BUT the good news, this actually is progress. Let’s revisit the before shots of my den…

image

The terrible brick fireplace. The oh-so-seventies wood paneling. The hint of Willy Wonka wallpaper sneaking in from the kitchen…my current mess is looking a lot more tolerable now, huh?

image


clip_image002

7 comments:

Kristen,  October 7, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

I love the white fireplace and paint color - the room is SO much brighter!

Whitney October 7, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

I am impressed with you!!! And thank you for making me feel normal b/c I have a mess in my house!!!

Cara @ Live the Home Life October 7, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

Thanks, Kristen! I couldn't believe how much bigger the room felt once the paneling was down and fireplace was painted...True Confession #2: The fireplace is only primed right now. Still waiting on a coat of paint. It will still be white, but not quite as bright.

Whitney, I think being too tidy is definitely not normal :)

Cara

Stacy,  October 7, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

It may be messy but its much better than before!

Cara Beth October 7, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Ok. I feel better now. Sigh...

Kristin McClure,  October 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

The whole house is so stinking cute! I can't wait to see it in person. I think even the cleanest of us, which is probably you, still have those dirty little secrets! Fortunately, Jeff's and mine is our garage... :) and maybe our guest bedroom? :) It is good to be normal Cara! :)

Cara @ Live the Home Life October 7, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

Stacy, you aren't kidding!

Cara Beth, this isn't even the worst of it!...but we'll save that for another day :)

Kristin, what I would give for a garage to clutter up! Unfortunately neighbors aren't to keen on junking up a car port.

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP