5 Reader Redo: Rachel’s Bathroom & Kitchen

>> Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Yes! Another extremely happy day when I found Rachel’s email perched in my inbox…

Hi Cara! I am an avid blog stalker, er, reader, of yours! :) I happened upon your blog, and L-O-V-E it!!!! Seriously, I am a stay at home mom with a deployed husband and an 8 month old little girl, and your blog is one of the things that helps get me through the weeks at this point! So THANK YOU!

 



I wanted to share my before and after of my bathroom with you, and get your "professional" opinion, both as a Realtor and as a decorator.

We are hoping to sell in the next year or two, and I am just wondering if you think I will have to paint over my beloved Glass Tile wall color? Thanks so much!


Thanks, Rachel! You made my day in more ways than you know…wanna see the before and after shots of Rachel’s bath? You got it!

Here is her bath before. Slightly dated and just a smidge on the boring side…

image 
Enter Rachel’s fabulous after shots…

imageDSC01681DSC01680

Holy smokes! That is one good looking bath! Great job, Rachel.

Now on to Rachel’s question: What needs to be done to this space before she decides to sell? Mainly, does the wall color need to be changed?

My professional opinion? Not a thing needs to change!—my clients’ jaws are dropping to the floor since I’m notorious for shelling out pre-listing to-do lists to all of my sellers—but in this case, Rachel’s already knocked out all of the hard work. While the wall color isn’t a shade of khaki (which for some reason we all mistakenly tend to think of when we picture a “neutral”) it is a great, soothing color for this bath and there is no need to paint over. She already has the crisp white towels and a few fitting accessories, so Rachel gets an A+ in my prepped-for-sale Realtor grade book.

Killer bath? Check!…but Rachel didn’t stop there. Check out her amazing kitchen before and after on a budget…

image …and just $8,000 later (and that includes installing bamboo flooring throughout the entire house!)…

image

kitchen after 2

kitchen after 3

 

 
Pretty stinkin’ amazing if you ask me. For more on Rachel’s kitchen and bath remodels, click here to head on over to her blog. Thanks for sharing, Rachel!

clip_image002

PS…Have a redo of your own that you are particularly proud of? Don’t be shy! Click here to email me the before & after shots so that we can celebrate together!

5 comments:

Cara Beth October 12, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

Hey! I know that kitchen! I've been there and Rachel is a sweetheart! Thanks for sharing, Rachel and Cara! :)

decorative moldings October 13, 2010 at 6:41 AM  

Cool! I like the new look it's very beautiful. The renovation is worth it. Thank you for sharing.

Display homes October 14, 2010 at 2:20 AM  

As I was searching for home renovation all over the internet, I stumble upon your blog and it's very informative. I like Rachel's renovation It's so beautiful and elegant. I look forward to read more of your future blogs.

Cara @ Live the Home Life October 14, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

Rachel did such a great job! I was definitely motivated to start working on my own mess of a kitchen...soon. Very soon.

Cara

Matt November 3, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

Wonderful! I like the materials being used in the renovation it's perfect. The kitchen ceiling is so beautiful I like the light colors being used. I wish I could renovate my home like this one.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP