0 Save your space...and your money!

>> Saturday, May 2, 2009

We've all done it, myself included. First, I decide to give a room in my house a fresh coat of paint. Next, I'm on the prowl for coordinating curtains, but along the way I find a rug I can't live without. Then, I want new...everything! However, like most of us, my bank account cannot support a total room redo every other month. That is why it is important to use what you already have and throw in a few inexpensive touches that make an big impact.

Take for example this dining room before and after from This Young House. The old paint and dirty fireplace aren't doing a thing for this space, and don't get me started on the curtains. Does this room even have a window? You wouldn't know by looking at this picture.



I was blown away when I found out how much money was spent revitalizing this room: only $157! I didn't believe it at first, but after taking a closer look, it made complete sense.


Step 1: Painting the walls a lovely silvery blue and the fireplace surround a crisp white did wonders to clean up the space.

Step 2: Exposing the huge window we never knew existed and framing it with airy white curtains and bamboo blinds let the natural light flow.

Step 3: Reusing existing furniture and adding in a few new accents to bring the look of the room together. This do-it-yourselfer kept their old rug, chairs, light fixture, and table. I was amazed how the room brought the dining table from clumsy to chic!

-
Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP