2 Mailbox Before & After

>> Friday, June 8, 2012

When my pal, Corey, offered to donate her junky mailbox to the LTHL Rehabilitation Station, she made an offer I couldn’t refuse. Even though I flipped my own mailbox a couple of years ago (click here for the details on that fab rehab), my inner DIY glutton convinced me I needed another.

Mailbox_3_before 
Bring on the rehab. First up, a little soak in a tub of dish soap to remove any grease and grime that would keep paint from sticking to the metal. Some people dry dishes next to their kitchen sink. Clearly, I’m not that person.

photo 
Outside to bask in a coat of spray paint…

photo
Followed by a date with a strip of sandpaper to roughen up the edges and front and let a little of the brass underneath shine through…

IMG_4862IMG_4864 
In all my rehabbing years, I’ve yet to get a chevron pattern in on the action. Way overdue. A little sketch (I’ll show you how I got the stripes even in another post)…

IMG_4869 
A little paint…

IMG_4866 
And a cute little knob that I picked up from Hobby Lobby over a year ago…

Mailbox_after
IMG_4888 
I’ve decided to give in to my urge to hoard mailboxes and am keeping this little guy in my kitchen to house bills, sunglasses, magazines and help keep June Bug’s puppy ears free from profanity when I run around the house scrambling for my keys.

IMG_4892IMG_4894

IMG_4896

clip_image002

2 comments:

Yours Two Make June 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM  

It looks really cute.

<3
Yadi B.

Cara @ Live the Home Life June 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM  

Thanks, Yadi! The lighting in my kitchen is awful (another item on the ol' to-do list!) and makes the paint on the mailbox look like the exact same color as the walls, which drives me nuts. I'm really happy with the way it turned out though. Thanks, for stopping by!

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP