2 A Faux Reno

>> Thursday, June 7, 2012

With the palette I dragged home a few weeks ago already transformed into a precious pair of DIY bookshelves for my kitchen, I couldn’t leave his partner in crime hanging out in the carport all by their lonesome. I had big plans for this mannequin stand—an estate sale steal for $10!

image

I knew its cute details and vintage charm would lend themselves perfectly to a new life as a floor lamp…


image

But let’s be honest, life around the construction site can be crazy town at times, and with one fabulous mailbox revamp the main focus of my DIY brain cells this week (check back tomorrow for the reveal!) I wanted to give this soon-to-be-lamp a purpose with little effort for the time being. Have my cake. Eat it too.

Soooo…I found a lampshade tucked away in a closet…

IMG_4881

IMG_4882

IMG_4883



And wheeled this bad boy into my master bedroom right next to those darling divas I framed up earlier in the week.

IMG_4879



Someday he’ll be able to shine his little lamp heart out, but for now, I feel really good about him just looking the part.

clip_image002

2 comments:

Anonymous,  June 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM  

This cracks me up! It is like glasses without lenses. LOVE everything about this room.

Cara @ Live the Home Life June 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM  

EXACTLY like glasses with no lenses! Ha! Love it.

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP