5 True Confession: Sometimes cover up is just as good as clean

>> Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Since we are friends, I find it important that we keep honesty at the forefront of our relationship. 98% of the time (unless I’m taking after photos for the blog or hosting one of the gazillion bridal showers penciled into my springtime schedule) the old casa looks less like this…

IMG_8613
IMG_4177IMG_4222

…and more like this…

IMG_4365IMG_4366IMG_4372

By nature I’m not a clutter bug. Everything has its place, but life has a way of kicking the Suzy homemaker in all of us right in the gut and shoving us out the door to take on the day. Laundry can wait. The beds can stay unmade for a few more hours. A extra dish or two can hold their horses until I roll back into the construction site at 5:00.

But one thing that can’t wait? Absolutely intolerable? June bug stank.

IMG_4376

Lord help me. I love this little puppy nugget with all my heart, but the only reason she gets to stay in this house (other than the obvious snuggle benefits) is because she is a relatively tidy pup and should the slightest hint of pet odors drift my way, I have an army of cover ups to combat the problem.

Let’s snoop through my arsenal…

Glade plug-ins (clean linen scents) in both living rooms. I can’t handle a knock-you-out-of-your-rocker level of artificial fragrance, but if I can trick myself into thinking a load of laundry has been done that day, I’m alright with it.

IMG_4374

Glade fabric & air refresher, also in clean linen. You’d think I was a spokeslady for Glade, but really the only reason I use this brand is because by now I feel like we can all spot the smell of Febreze a mile away. I want to trick my houseguests into thinking this place is squeaky clean and just how am I supposed to do that if their nose is telling them I ran around with a bottle of Febreze minutes before they walked in the door?

IMG_4379

Good ol’ scentsy. I jumped on the scentsy bandwagon a few months ago and there is no turning back. Clean scents like White Tea & Cactus and Clean Breeze are heavenly.
 IMG_4378

Come on now. I know I’m not the only dirty kid on the playground. What are your favorite tips and tricks (mainly, tricks) for fooling yourself and others into thinking your house is cleaner than it really is?

clip_image002

5 comments:

Gigi,  May 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM  

I love my Scentsy too! My sister is a rep so I love trying out all of the sample bars!

The Brewers May 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM  

Love my scentsy too! Also, straigtening the pillows on the couch *immediately* makes my living room look cleaner! And pushing in chairs (a skill that almost everyone I know is lacking...drives me nuts!) makes the eating areas look nicer instantly. I also love my roomba. Not really a cover up, but getting a clean floor without the work?!?! Yes, please!!!!!

Cara @ Live the Home Life May 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM  

Two more votes for Scentsy! I completely agree about the throw pillows. It's amazing how orderly a room looks when pillows are fluffed and perky.

Cara

Annie D,  May 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM  

My swiffer!!! I have 2 cats both with long hair so I am always having to get up hairballs.

Cara @ Live the Home Life May 9, 2012 at 1:57 PM  

Oh, yes. Gotta love a Swiffer. The wonderful person who invented such a marvelous creation deserves a big hug around the neck to go with the millions they have in the bank. :)

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP