5 DIY Palette Bookshelf/Wine Rack

>> Wednesday, May 23, 2012

DIY breakfast table rehab…check. DIY breakfast chairs recovered…double check.

IMG_4412



But we are still looking a little bare in these parts.

image 
Remember that shabby little palette I dragged home last week? Time to bring this rugged fella inside transformed into a pair of cookbook/wine shelves for my kitch. 

IMG_4410 
I started by cutting the palette into sections using a jig saw…and used a good ol’ handsaw to clean up a few cuts, but not necessary until you too are anal enough to allow a roll of toilet paper turned the wrong way keep you up at night. 

IMG_4421IMG_4422 
Two horizontal slats per shelf…

IMG_4423IMG_4428 
With no board across the bottom, books/bottles would slide right out, so I used a few left over scraps of wood from the palette to make a bottom for each shelf. The slat were already the perfect size, so just a few nails were needed to secure them in place.

IMG_4431IMG_4430IMG_4427 
Perfect…finished! This rehab was a breeze. A few cuts. A few nails and your in business.

IMG_4433 
Let’s hang these stud muffins.

IMG_4442IMG_4443 
And fill their bellies with all kinds of goodies.

IMG_4445IMG_4446


IMG_4451

IMG_4455
I’m planning to whip up another post to cover how I hung these palette princess, but here’s the pre-post skinny: I’m not 100% sure I went the best route so a re-hang may be in my near future…hopefully without a crash before I’m able to get to it. I’d better go take those wine bottles down.

AND more to come later in the week on my fab-o time scootin’ around P. Allen Smith’s Moss Mountain Farm with a fun group of blogger gals in our fancy new Ariat cowgirl boots—thanks to Country Outfitter for the hookup!  

Bean2Blog_7_cropped

clip_image002

5 comments:

Blair,  May 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM  

That is a very cute idea! Where did you find the palette? I'd like to make one too!

Cara @ Live the Home Life May 23, 2012 at 9:50 AM  

You can do it! It really was a very simple project. I picked up a palette at my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore. They just happened to have one and I snagged it, but ask around at different stores and they may have an extra/broken palette they are willing to part with. If all else fails, I'm no stranger to dumpster diving :)

Good luck and send the before and after pics my way. I'd love to see!

Cara

Summer,  May 23, 2012 at 11:40 AM  

They look really good and now I am curious about how you hung them. Scotch tape? Haha!

Unknown May 23, 2012 at 8:46 PM  

Woah, my boys have a "cowboy" bedroom and I just found a solution to all the books stacked on their night table! Now to stalk a few businesses for a worthy palette...

Cara @ Live the Home Life May 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM  

Awesome! Your little cowboys will love the shelves. Also, you can use a little sandpaper to sand down the edges to protect their little hands from splinters. Send me a picture when your DIY is a wrap!

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP