5 DIY Brass to Class

>> Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Note to the reader: I have to preface this post by saying that I hate (read: despise) the word ‘class’ but it’s all I’ve got in my bag of word tricks that rhymes with brass and makes sense for this post. So DIY Brass to Class it is and I’m pulling out a toenail with needle nose pliers every time I type that word…Let’s continue…

One reason I love my j-o-b so very much is because of the people that I work with. Not only are my buyers & sellers the most fabulous in all the land, but other agents at my office know how to make a work day so stinkin’ fun.

Case in point: My co-worker/friend, Kathy, who loves to rattle on about DIY projects/Pinterest/furniture rehabs just as much as I do. So clearly we make great use of our time at the office by swapping “Did you know…”, “Have you seen…” and “Guess what I saw…” home improvement stories around the candy basket.

This is a true story. Kathy hit me with a life altering DIY doozie yesterday. She is an alchemist…or at least knows how to be one. It’s true. Kathy knows how to make ugly brass circa 1963 into shiny chrome. I can already tell that you are having a hard time throwing caution to the wind and hopping on this bandwagon I’m throwing together, so let’s dig a little deeper.

Kathy saw on the Nate Berkus show that with a little oven cleaner, Rashon Carraway (aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting) took this shabby little table with more than enough awful brass to go around and whipped it into serious shape…

 

image

And look! Another DIY brass to class table creation…

image

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. The DIY gods were smiling on me as the light bulbs went off and my mind starting racing after my convo with Kathy. There are about to be a couple dozen doorknobs in this construction site of mine that won’t even know what hit ‘em. Bring on the fumes.

Doorknobs_1Doorknobs_2


clip_image002

5 comments:

Building Moxie May 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM  

super secret! I think this will change many people's lives! thanks out to Goodwill Hunting Kathy and you for passing this forward. hope you are well. ~jb @BuildingMoxie

Samantha May 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM  

My friend Summer used to say "Brass is not class", so it's not a horrible rhyme at all. And cheapie fake brass looks much better as chrome.

Cara @ Live the Home Life May 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM  

Love it! Summer hit the nail on the head. Glad you stopped by!

Cara

Cara @ Live the Home Life May 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM  

Anna Kaye, I like your style!

Also, after reading a bit more about this project, looks like I bought the wrong kind of oven cleaner. Have to use the kind that works even if oven is not turned hot...back to Target I go!

Cara

microschools August 13, 2023 at 10:05 PM  

Thoughtful blog you have here.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP