2 A Rusty, Crusty DIY

>> Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Let’s stop by the pink bath for the latest DIY. I keep a ceramic platter on the counter to hold any number of lotions & potions—which also makes for easy cleanup since I all have to do to scrub down the counter is scoot the tray out of the way for a quick swipe. Fabulous!—but I’m slightly less enthused by the soap dispenser holding down the fort.

IMG_4815IMG_4816IMG_4810IMG_4811IMG_4812 

A rusty bottom means that I’m constantly cleaning up rust rings, making my theory of easy bathroom cleaning all the more complicated. Time to ditch the rusty bitch.

There has been a mason jar buried in the back of my kitchen cabinet for months begging to be DIYed.

By drilling a hole in the lid of the jar and hijacking the pump from the rusty dispenser, the mason jar will be put to good use and my rusty dilemma will be no more. Two birds. One stone. Let’s do this.



IMG_4813image 
I’ve tackled a mason-jar-turned-soap-dispenser rehab in the past, so I knew this would be an easy job for my Milwaukee drill bit set to knock out of the park. Best Christmas present ever (a big hug and high five to my brother for placing this bad boy under the tree last year). I use this DIY army in nearly every project I tackle.

IMG_4820IMG_4821 
The width of the soap pump looked to be a little bigger than 5/8 inch, but very close. In this case, it is better to drill too small and go back with a larger bit if needed.

IMG_4823IMG_4822 
With a little wiggling, pushing and cursing (every good DIY needs four lettered friend), the pump fit snuggly in the newly drilled hole…

IMG_4824IMG_4825 
A new rust free soap dispenser that literally took 5 minutes to whip into shape. Full of charm and a future free of rust rings.

IMG_4831IMG_4830IMG_4829

clip_image002

2 comments:

Emily June 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM  

Love everything about this idea - the tray and the mason jar. Super cute!

Cara @ Live the Home Life June 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM  

Thanks, Emily! Such an easy DIY.

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP