3 Prepping the Prepper for Prep Work

>> Thursday, February 2, 2012

With the excitement of cabinet door install day dancing over my head as I tried to sleep last night, I woke up extra early to make sure my kitchen was prepped and ready for my handy cabinet maker to get right to work…until I realized that he wasn’t scheduled to come over this Thursday but next Thursday. Holy disappointment. I was ready for the instant gratification that a cabinet door and drawer front install would bring.

So until then, sitting around twiddling my DIY thumbs is not an option. It’s back to the kitchen checklist to see what needs to be accomplished over the next week.

Done, son…

Demo
Cabinet bases reconstructed
Old hardware screw holes filled and sanded
Countertops ordered
Range & microwave/hood delivered


In progress and completely out of my control…

New cabinet doors & drawer fronts
Countertops


Geez, Cara. Hurry up and get on that already…

Prime cabinet boxes
Choose paint color for cabinets
Install/replace electrical receptacles for appliances


So getting a head start priming the cabinet boxes it is. I am 100% positive those of you who have ever painted kitchen cabinets before just let out a collective “uuuugggghhhhhh” after reading those words and I’m joining right in with you. Patience be with me this weekend.

Kitchen remodel_14

…and yes, the coffee pot weaseled its way back into the construction site. I have a feeling he may be needed for this task when it’s still too early in the day to pop open a bottle of wine.


clip_image002

3 comments:

Christy,  February 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM  

We painted our kitchen cabinets when we first bought our house a few years back and it was awful but they look so much better because of it. Good luck!

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 3, 2012 at 10:16 AM  

Thanks, Christy! I'll need the encouragement. Ha! You are right, painting old cabinets makes such a big difference. I'm sure yours look fab!

Anonymous,  February 23, 2012 at 11:41 AM  

OMG...you have one of those broom us asian uses!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP